MySQL has some of the features pertaining to its unique functionality.
Some of the main features of MySQL is as follows:
- It is based on SQL.
- It is open source and can be run on most compatible environments.
- It is friendly and compatible with PHP which means we can directly connect with PHP and create a website, create a web database, and share it with others and work on it.
- We connect easily and manipulate the databases with PHP.
- MySQL is also based on the regular client server-based architecture
- It is highly secure and flexible.
- It is said to be Highly Scalable which means it supports large databases of up to millions of rows or more in a table.
- The default file size is nerfed to 4GB which can be increased.
- MySQL is multithreaded by the usage of the kernel threads meaning it can handle multiple CPUs with ease if available.
- It supports an in-memory heap table.
- MySQL has a high-speed memory allocation system that is thread-based.