Operators: Operators are special symbols in Python that carry out arithmetic or logical operation. Operators are used to perform operations on variables and values.
Operand: The value that the operator operates on is called the operand.
Types of Operator
Python language supports the following types of operators.
- Arithmetic Operators: They are used with numeric values to perform common mathematical operations.
- Comparison Operators: They are used to compare two values.
- Assignment Operators: They are used to assign values to variables.
- Logical Operators: They are used to combine conditional statement.
- Bitwise Operators: It is used to works on bits and performs bit by bit operation.
- Membership Operators: It is used to test if a object is presented in a sequence.
- Identity Operators: They are used to compare the objects.