The lock is a mechanism in MySQL to restrict unauthorized access to a personal table. MYSQL allows us to incorporate table locks and are of many types for various types of locks. MYSQL also prevents unauthorized modifications to the table when in a locked state.
MySQL Lock Table
- Tables can be locked with a specific syntax based on the lock statement and the lock type applied.
LOCK TABLES TableName [READ | WRITE];
- We can specify the lock type whether we want to read lock or write lock.
- Multiple tables can also be locked with a simple syntax in place.
LOCK TABLES tableName1 [READ | WRITE], tableName2 [READ | WRITE],...... ;
- Using this, multiple tables can also be locked.
MySQL Unlock Table
- Using a simple syntax, we can unlock tables at ease in MySQL.