When searching for cucumber maven dependencies or jar files, you might have found two libraries: cucumber.io and info.cukes. You also have observed that if you are working with info.cukes and you upgrade your JVM or Java, many errors are there.
- io.cucumber and info.cukes are Maven group ids.
- info.cukes were for the Cucumber version till 1.2.5. The latest version is io.cucumber starting from 2.0.0.
- Cucumber-JVM 2.0 was released in August 2017 and you can use for new Cucumber-JVM projects. You can find the release under Maven Group ID io.cucumber.
- Older Cucumber-JVM 1.x versions you can find under Maven Group ID info.cukes.
- You can check the new version and release notes on GitHub. Check Here
- Refer to version 1.1.2 for more information related to info.cukes version.
- Migrating from info.cukes to io.cucumber might be a tough job now since current version of cucumber is 7+.