As many of you may know, this famous programming language. But very little about its history of becoming the renowned programming language of all time.
- In the year of June 1991 the three people James Gosling, Mike Sheridan, and Patrick Naughton, initiated the Java language project.
- It was initially developed for a more interactive television experience, but the technology was far too advanced at that time.
- However, at that time, it was well suited for programming the internet and was incorporated by Netscape.
- It was initially called Oak, named after an oak tree that was outside James's office.
- Later was called Green and finally renamed its famous name java, named after a coffee from Indonesia.
- The syntax of Java is similar to the c/c++ programming language, which makes life easier as for the syntax in Java as it is identical.
- One of the main reasons for the development of Java programming was it is so Simple, Robust, Portable, Platform-independent, Secured, High Performance, Multithreaded, Architecture Neutral, Object-Oriented, Interpreted, and Dynamic.
- Currently, this programming language is used in internet programming, mobile devices, and games that usually depend on Java.
- Java, developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems, also now a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation, is a popular programming language used by many top companies and a trusted language to be precise.
- Its JDK was released on Jan 23, 1996. Each version of the JDKs adds some additional features in Java. There are many versions currently available in Java that have some new unique features altogether.