Java is a programming language and computing platform. The first release of java by Sun Microsystems in 1995. It was developed by James Gosling with other team members named Mike Sheridan and Patrick Naughton also called as Green Team. It is Class-based and an object-oriented programming language.
There are some basic steps one's need to understand:
- Getting the program text into the computer,
- Compiling the program, and
- Running the compiled program
This is one of the essential features of Java that the same compiled program can be run on many different types of computers which supports java.
There are many sectors where JAVA is used for various purposes i.e,
- For banking sector purposes.
- For retail purposes
- IT sector purposes
- For Android application purposes
- In Stock market
- For Scientific research purposes
- For Big data
- For server side applications
Java architecture contains :
- A high level object oriented programming language,
- A platform-independent representation of a compiled class,
- A predefined set of run-time libraries,
- A virtual machine.
JAVA components :
- Identifiers and primitive data types
- Structured data types
- Reference types
- Blocks and exception handling
- Control structures
- Procedures and functions
- Object oriented programming, packages and classes
- Inner classes