Following are the limitations of Selenium:
- Testing of Web Application only: It only support automation of Web Application. You can not automated Desktop Application. It can not automate mobile applications also. You need Appium for Mobile Apps Testing.
- No Captcha Support: Selenium can not automate capcha.
- No Bar Code or Fingerprint Support: Selenium can not read Bar code.
- No Build-in Reporting: Depend on third party report tool like JUnit, TestNG or Extent Report.
- No Vendor Support: Open Source, No Direct Support. However large community support
- Programming Knowledge: Required if you are using WebDriver. For IDE no or less programming knowledge required.
- No Image Testing or Bitmap Comparison: Integrate with other tools for this
- No repository Concept: Maintenance of Objects Difficult.
- Browser Updated Required: Require Update of driver when browser update
- Dynamic IDs: Good understanding needed to handle dynamic ID
- No Object Repository
- Programming skills Required
- No Test Management tool Integration
- Not easy to setup test environment
- No Automation of audio or video
Read detailed article here: Challenges or Limitations of Selenium