There are three pillars that helps an effective inbound email marketing strategy:
- Significance of Segmentation
- Power of Personalization
- Impact of data-driven analysis
1. Significance of Segmentation: It is a simple step but very important. Segmentation allows you to send the right message to the right person at right time. It is estimated that 77% of email marketing ROI came from segmented, targeted and triggered campaigns.Bringing context and contacts makes to reach to the right audience and to save the time for both. Segmentation brings two inbound concepts together: a) Buyer's Persona and b) Buyer's journey
Buyer persona is representation of your ideal customer based on real data, customer demographics, behavior patterns, motivations and goals. Buyer Journey is the active research process someone goes through leading up to purchase. It is made up of three stages: the awareness stage, the consideration and the decision stage.
2. Power of Personalization: Personalization is an act of creating the personalized content as according to your customer needs. It is an individual experience. Email is a channel that continues to offer so much space for creativity, experimentation and creating the highly personalized content sent at right time.
3. Impact of data-driven analysis: Analysis is one of the most important pillar as in inbound professional. Analysis allows to continue to evolve with customers that are always changing and not to be left behind. It gives the customer what they need in order to continue the conversation with you. It should be frame worked like:
a) Track the metrics that matter for you and your business
b) Understand the metrics indicate about the success of email. So that you get to know what is moving, improving and what is slowing down
c) Apply what you have learned to optimize and improve each email you have sent.