The software has become a part of every industry now. The success of software and devices also depends on their quality. We do software testing to check the quality of software. A poor-quality product may lead to customer loss or even risk human life in a few cases.
In other words, Software testing is executing a program or application to find software bugs.
Some Key Points about Software Testing:
- Software testing is an activity to check whether the actual results match the expected results.
- We can also state it as the process of validating and verifying.
- Software Testing can be either done manually or using automated tools.
- Testing is a technique used to identify developed computer software's correctness, completeness, and quality.
- It is an investigation conducted to provide stakeholders with information about the quality of the software product or service under test.
- Testing is a process throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Software testing is the process of questioning a product to evaluate it.