A database is a collection of information that is organized so that it can be easily accessed, managed and updated or simply you can say A Database is a collection of related data.
- Database today has become essential part of today's modern society, our most of the day to day activities involve interaction with database. From a bank, school, hotel, petrol pump to every area of life you will find database.
- Databases support storage and manipulation of data. Databases make data management easy.
- Databases have evolved since their inception in the 1960s, beginning with hierarchical and network databases, through the 1980s with object-oriented databases, and today with SQL and NoSQL databases and cloud databases.
- There are many different kinds of databases, ranging from the most prevalent approach, the relational database, to a distributed database, cloud database or NoSQL database.
- A database-management system (DBMS) is a computer-software application that interacts with end-users, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data.