The purpose of the Rule keyword is to represent one business rule that should be implemented.
- It group together several scenarios that belong to same business rule.
- It provides additional information for a feature.
- It has been added in Gherkin v6.
- This is Optional Keyword.
- A Rule should contain one or more scenarios that illustrate the particular rule.
- The Rule keyword is simply a grouping construct.
Note: Gherkin 6 has not yet been incorporated into all implementation of Cucumber! Rule keyword is not available in Cucumber version 4 and 5.
Example of Rule
@tag Feature: Title of your feature Rule: - VAT is 25% - Delivery for basket under $50 is $5 - Delivery for basket over $100 is $2 @tag1 Scenario: Title of your scenario Given I want to write a step with precondition And some other precondition When I complete action And some other action