In Python, there are mainly three types of function:
- Built-in functions: The built-in functions are those functions that are pre-defined in Python such as
help()to ask for help,
min()to get the minimum value,
print()to print an object to the terminal.
- User-Defined Functions: The user-defined functions are those define by the user to perform the specific task.
- Anonymous functions: It is also called as lambda functions because they are not declared with the standard
Python function may define with or without parameters, and a function may or may not return a value. It entirely depends upon the user requirement .As per our requirement, We can define the User defined functions in multiple ways.
- Python Function with no argument and no Return value.
- Function with no argument and with a Return value.
- Python Function with argument and No Return value.
- Function with argument and Return value.