PHP is an open source scripting language which is very easy to use and implement. Some important features of php are:
- Simple: Simplicity is the reason PHP is most widely used language of the world. It is easy to learn compare to other languages.
- Faster: It is faster than other scripting language like ASP and JSP.
- Interpreted: It is interpreted language, no compiler required.
- Open Source: Free to download and use. PHP is first an interpreted scripting language (actually precompiled opcodes), free, open source and distributed under a license authorizing the modification and redistribution.
- Case Sensitive: PHP is case sensitive scripting language at time of variable declaration. In PHP, all keywords (e.g. if, else, while, echo, etc.), classes, functions, and user-defined functions are NOT case-sensitive.
- Loosely Typed Language: PHP supports variable usage without declaring its data type. It will be taken at the time of the execution based on the type of data it has on its value.
- Real-Time Access Monitoring: PHP provides access logging by creating the summary of recent accesses for the user.
- Platform Independent: Window, Unix or Mac. You can use PHP code everywhere. It will be very easy to move an application written in PHP an original Windows server to a Linux server without having to modify (or very little).
- Magic Method: PHP has built in methods starts with __ (double underscore). These methods can’t be called directly. Rather, it will be called on the event basis. For example, __clone() will be called, when the clone keyword is used.
- Error Reporting: It has some predefined error reporting constants to generate a warning or error notice. For example, when E_STRICT is enabled, a warning about deprecated methods will be generated.
- Extended Regular Expression: PHP provides REGEX methods with extensive parsing and pattern matching mechanism with remarkable speed.
- Traits: PHP is a single inheritance language. The traits concept is used to cover inheritance limitation and support inheritance at multiple levels.
- nowdocs and heredocs String: PHP provides the nowdocs and heredocs properties are used to delimit some block of context. nowdocs and heredocs are same except the context in the heredocs allow variable parsing.
- Reliable and efficient language: The language has now become a reliable language, efficient and viable. It is capable of supporting sites that sollicent millions of daily requests. Many nationally and internationally renowned companies trust it for the development of their website. We can mention among them IBM, Le Monde, Le Figaro, Club-Internet, Orange, Yellow Pages ... A recent report shows that 87% of companies use PHP.
PHP 7 New Features
- Scalar type hints
- Return type declarations
- Anonymous classes
- The Closure::call() method
- Generator delegation
- Generator return expressions
- The null coalesce operator
- The space ship operator
- Level support for the dirname() function
- The Integer division function
- Uniform variable syntax
Tue, 09/08/2020 - 03:20