Sikuli is an automation tool to automate the graphical user interface using the visual image match method.
- It is both a scripting language and an automation tool.
- The development of the Sikuli open source project began in 2009 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and continued till 2012.
- US government organization National Science Foundation and the Taiwanese private company Quanta Computer supports this project.
- We can use it to remotely control Websites on Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- Sikuli and SikuliX software are released under the MIT Licence.
- SikuliX uses Python as the scripting language. Sikuli's features are also available in Java programs.
- Sikuli is an open-source, pretty convenient GUI automation tool.
- One of the significant advantages is that it can automate flash objects.
- Desktop applications can be automated using Sikuli. We can automate what we visually see on Windows or a windows-based application using it.
- Simple APIs are provided with it to access all the screen class objects.
- We can use Sikuli on Windows, Linux, Mac, or the Mobile platform.
- You can also integrate Sikuli with Selenium.
- It uses a visual match mechanism to automate desktop and flash objects. It identifies the objects using image recognition and Control GUI (Graphical User Interface) components.