HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages. HTML is a fairly simple language made up of elements.
Key Points about HTML:
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, means a system for processing and presentation of text and images on World Wide Web browser page using tags.
- HTML supports two main graphic file formats: GIF (Graphics Interchanging formats):: It provides a maximum of 8 bit color. It should be used for images such as logos, cartoons and icons. JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group) :: JPG file provides maximum of 24 bit color. It should be used for photographs and paintings.
- An HTML is divided into two main sections, Heading: It comprises information describing document, such as its title. It is indicated by Head and /Head tags. Body: This is a section text, graphics and other elements are placed. Same is indicated by the Body and /Body tags.
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags, but use them to render the content of the page.
- DOCTYPE is an instruction to web browser about what version of HTML page is written in.)
Basic Example of HTML
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <Head> <Title> defines a title in the browser toolbar</Title> </Head <Body> </HTML>