Anaconda is the world's most popular Data Science Platform. It is basically the distribution of Python and R programming language for scientific computing, that aims to provide simple package management and deployment.
- It was developed and maintained by Anaconda, Inc., which was founded by Peter Wang and Travis Oliphant in 2012.
- It is an open-source, free distribution for Python and R.
- It is a package or environment manager for Python.
- It has over 200 pre-installed packages and 7500+ can be installed using PyPi. It can be used for analysis, visualization, modelling.
- It is simplified package management and deployment.
- Anaconda provides all package at one place that are required for Data Science. Anaconda makes working easy and accessible.
- It can be esily installed on Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- It has individual, team, and enterprise editions. Some popular package installed on Anaconda Individual Edition are numpy, pandas, scipy, sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch, matplotlib, and more. Anaconda Navigator is a desktop graphical user interface (GUI). The GUI interface of Anaconda Navigation make it more smooth for working.
These the applications are available by default in Navigator:
- Jupyter Notebook
- IBM Watson Studio Cloud
- PyCharm Professional