The JDK includes a private JVM and a few other resources to finish the development of a Java Application.
The JDK forms an extended subset of a software development kit (SDK).
It includes tools for developing, debugging, and monitoring Java applications. Oracle strongly suggests to now use the term JDK to refer to the Java SE Development Kit.
The Java EE SDK is available with or without the JDK, by which they specifically mean the Java SE 7 JDK.
Follow below steps to install JDK on Mac OS High Sierra 10:
- Open your browser
- go to Oracle JDK Download URL
- Click on Download Image.
- Accept the licence.
- Click on MacOS .dmg file
- Your download will start. You can view it in Download section on top right corner of browser if you are using Safari browser.
- Go to download folder (You can right click on download file and click on show in finder)
- Double click on icon to Install
- Click on Continue Button
- Click on Install
- Enter System password and click on Install Software
- Click Close.
Your installation is complete.