Atom is a free and open source Text editor which is available for Linux, Windows and MacOS. It can also be used as an integrated development environment(IDE). Atom was first released on 25th January, 2015.
Steps to Install
To install follow below steps:
Step 1: Navigate to atom.io. It will auto detect your operating system
Step 2: Download the zip file
Step 3: Unzip file and move atom file to application folder. Allow if you got not secure warning.
Step 4: Install Shell Command from Atom -> Install Shell Command, this is used to run software globally on system
Step 5: Test the application by typing atom test.html in terminal, this will create new html file
Note: Watch the video below for detailed steps.
Features of Atom:
- Cross-platform editing: Atom works across different operating systems: OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- Smart autocompletion: You can work with code faster using Atom smart and flexible autocomplete.
- Multiple panes: Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.
- Built-in package manager: You can search and install new packages and create your own using Atom.
- File system browser: Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
- Find and replace: Find, preview, and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects.