There can be several variation of Rest Assured Framework folder structure within different organisation. People customise it according to their knowledge and requirement. The framework provide help in development of automation project. Framework define various guidelines, coding standards, concepts, process and practice. Frameworks eliminate the need to write a lot of repetitive code that you will find being used in many different applications.
Maintenance of project become easy with Framework. Also, several automation tester can work easily when there is framework in an organisation.
Here is the set of packages you need to crated:
- com.pb.rest.helper: In helper package you can store base class file which other class will inherit. All constants can also be defined here. Classes Example: BaseFunctions.Java, Constants.java, GenericFunctions.java etc.
TestBase: Static Variables, Intialize Report or Files.
Constants: Properties File Path, Excel File Path or Report File Path.
GenericFunctions: Contain Generic functions.
- com.pb.test.config: Store your config files here. environment.properties: Platform, Environment, Server etc.
- com.pb.rest.objects / com.pb.rest.pojo: Often when you are using REST Assured, you will want to serialize a POJO (Plain old Java Object) and send that in your API call. Or you might want to take the API response and de-serialize the body to a POJO.
- com.pb.rest.presentation / com.pb.rest.testcases: Contain classes for your APIs. You can create classes according to application components or based on functionality.
- com.pb.rest.util: Store your utilities here like to read database, excel, properties files etc.
src/test/resource folder: create test folder insider it.