Use below steps to uninstall Maven on Mac OS. Below command is tested on following version of Mac OS:
- Mac OS Monterey version 12.3
- Mac OS Mojave version 10.14
Steps to Uninstall Maven on Mac OS
Step 1: Locate Maven
$ which mvn
This will output /usr/local/bin/mvn.
Step 2: Navigate to bin directory
$ cd /usr/local/bin
Step 3: Search where maven is installed
$ ls -lrt | grep -i mvn
- ls -lrt: will give a long listing, oldest first, which is handy for seeing which files in a large directory have recently been changed.
- grep: The grep filter searches a file for a particular pattern of characters, and displays all lines that contain that pattern.
- -i: ignores, case for matching
It will output
lrwxr-xr-x 1 user admin. 31 Mar 1 00:00 mvn -> ../Cellar/maven/3.6.3_1/bin/mvn lrwxr-xr-x 1 user admin. 36 Mar 1 00:00 mvnDebug -> ../Cellar/maven/3.6.3_1/bin/mvnDebug lrwxr-xr-x 1 user admin. 34 Mar 1 00:00 mvnyjp -> ../Cellar/maven/3.6.3_1/bin/mvnyjp
Here, you can see there is maven directory inside Cellar
Step 4: Navigate to Cellar Directory
$ cd ../Cellar/
Step 5: Remove Maven Directory
$ rm -rf maven
-rf allows to delete non-empty directories forcefully.
brew Uninstall Maven
$ brew uninstall maven
brew Upgrade Maven
$ brew upgrade maven