Here are some important Features of JMeter:
- Open Source: Free and Open Source. You can use the source code for your development.
- GUI: User friendly graphical user interface, makes it easy to learn.
- Record & Playback: Record user activity on the browsers.
- Platform Independent: Run on multiple platforms.
- Extensible: Visualization plugins which allow you to extend your testing.
- Multi-Threading: Concurrent and simultaneous sampling of different functions by a separate thread group.
- Server/Protocol Support: All basic protocols such as HTTP, JDBC, LDAP, SOAP, FTM, JMS, SMTP(S), POP(3) and IMAP(S) are supported.
- Installation & Setup: Easy
- Simulation: Can simulate many users at once.
- Test Result Visualization: Test result can be displayed in a different format such as table, chart, tree, log files etc.
- Testing Types: Load Testing, Distributed TEsting, Soak/Endurance and Functional Testing.
- Script Testing: Can be integrated with Selenium and Bean Shell.
- Distributed Testing: Master slave for distributed processing where master will distribute tests among all salve and slave will execute scripts against your server.