Data Modeling is a useful thing that is done before working on coding a database. This is to avoid any errors before they occur by keeping the necessary changes before developers start to work.
Here are some of the advantages of data modeling.
- Accurate Data Representation: It ensures whether the represented objects are accurate.
- Relationship between Database Objects: Ability to define a solid relationship between the tables, stored procedures, primary keys, and foreign keys.
- Clearer Scope: Data modeling is form of documentation. The communication part is seamless here both within and across an organization.
- Identify Source of Data: Helps the recognition of sources of data to make the model more populated.
- Document Data Mapping: In the ETL process, it can be easy as the business allows document data mappings.
- Control of Data Redundancy: It can identify missing and redundant data
- Build Software Faster: Data Model used as a guide for writing SQL and SQL logics can be developed easily usind Data Model.
- Data consistency
- Security: Improved security
- Enforcement of standards
- Reduce Cost: Data Model catches error early